Luxe Plates for IP5 (pic)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by KeithLilja, Nov 10, 2012.

1. KeithLilja, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012

KeithLilja macrumors member

So I found Luxe Plates and I thought they looked awesome and would do a great job for protection with the combined use of a bumper, but after some research I saw that some were saying any kind of metal as a case or backing would decrease the WiFi signal. So I emailed them directly and asked about this issue and about how they fit with a bumper, they seemed kind of on the fence about the WiFi signal loss/decrease noting "that it was possible that it would decrease, but also that any case can possibly do the same thing" and as far as the bumper fitting goes: they actually sell a bumper on their website and supposedly the fit well on the iPhone 4/4s but they didn't have any reviews of it on the iPhone 5. I asked if they would send me one to test out and see for myself how these two issues would go. They were more than willing to send one out to me and seemed excited about it. Anyways, I just got it in the mail today and as soon as my phone comes in I'm going to slap it on and see whats up! I think they look so awesome, so hopefully there aren't too many issues. Check them out http://luxeplates.com

And here is the awful picture I took of the one they sent to me.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      311.2 KB
      Views:
  2. Gray bishop macrumors regular

Thanks you just solved my backplate issue.
    Should blend in nicely with the sector 5

3. KeithLilja thread starter macrumors member

Yeah! They look awesome and its actually pretty thin and I think using in combination with a bumper would be a killer solution to the regular old case that everyone has. But like I said I'm just worried about it completely killing the WiFi signal. If it doesn't deaden it too much or if I don't see any change I will be super excited to keep it on! Here is a link that shows two other customers who have them on their iPhone 4's with a bumper. They look awesome http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/luxe-plates

Here's a photo of their website of there bumper and plate on an iPhone 4. Just haven't seen any photos of one on an iPhone 5 with a bumper.

Attached Files:

• Bump.jpg
      Bump.jpg
      File size:
      176.4 KB
      Views: