Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mavis

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Let me just preface this by saying that it's nice to finally see lyrics being displayed with iTunes Match; I never actually used iTunes Match on my iPhone in iOS6 because of this omission.

That said, I'm having a heck of a time getting lyrics to display properly in the betas. Until Beta 5, a lot of my songs' lyrics were displayed without line breaks - just one, giant paragraph. Now with Beta 5, they have the opposite problem - double-spaced line breaks everywhere. :rolleyes: I've tried pasting the lyrics into TextEdit, converting to plain text, and then re-adding them in iTunes. They look fine on my Mac, but on the iPhone they're double-spaced.

Has anyone figured out how to get it to work properly?

mavis

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Well if anyone is interested, I've finally got it working.

It's not plain text but rtf that the iPhone needs. So if you've got double spaced lyrics on the iPhone that look fine in iTunes on your Mac, copy the lyrics, past them into an rtf document (I used TextEdit) and then paste them back into iTunes. Update iTunes Match, and the fixed lyrics will be pushed to your iPhone. PITA, but better than messed up lyrics. :)

joecool49er

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2012
I'm only seeing lyrics syncing through iTunes match on a few of the songs in my library? I have lyrics showing in the metadata in iTunes for most of my songs. I've updated iTunes Match and redownloaded the songs via match to my iPhone but the vast majority of lyrics aren't showing on the iPhone. Any tips or tricks? Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.