Lyric search in iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Hedge666, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Hedge666 macrumors newbie

Does anybody know of a way to search for specific lines or phrases in your iTunes library?

I am an editor and on occasion need to find music with suitable lyrics to put over montages etc. I started adding lyrics to every song in my iTunes library in the hope that I'd be able to search for a song line appropriate to my 'story' and any songs with these words or phrases would appear in the search list...

I have since discovered that I can't do this! Is this type of lyric search possible? I heard chatter of Gracenote possibly providing such a service at some point in the future - any news?

Any suggestions??

Cheers! :)

2. Hls811 macrumors 6502a

Hls811

I just thought I'd bump this in case anyone knows of a way.. I'm looking for the same thing.

Alot of my tracks have the tagline "[ Find/add/request lyrics at lyrics.astraweb.com ]" added at the bottom and I wanted to create a playlist of all of those songs so I can go through and verify their accuracy (I know some are incorrect)

3. Hls811 macrumors 6502a

Hls811

Oh!! I figured it out...

Ok, I cheated! I modified a script I found on Dougs site:

If you want to search for a keyword or a phrase in lyrics, copy the attached script to your "Username/library/iTunes/scripts" folder - then open the Script in Script Editor - go to 'Edit' and then 'Find' - then replace 'Astraweb' (thats the keyword I used) with whatever word or phrase you choose! Save and then run it in iTunes.. It'll create a Playlist of all songs containing that word/phrase!

I'm going to play around with it and see if I can get it to prompt for the word within the script instead of having to do all of that renaming stuff.. I've never really played with scripts before so thats just the first step for me!

Attached Files: