Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IUBall22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
does the $20 update include lyric support? if so, how does it work?

razorianfly

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom
does the $20 update include lyric support? if so, how does it work?

Yes it does.

- Find the lyrics on the internet
- right click your desired track in iTunes,
- Click 'Get Info'
- Then the lyrics tab
- You should see a blank multi line text box
- paste your lyrics in there
- Re-sync track(s)

Once done, when in a song (showing album art screen) - tap once, so you get the scrubber ... and the lyrics (once they start in the song, will appear, over the album art, until you tap again to get rid of them.

R-Fly

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
So is that part of 1.1.3 or part of the additional $20?

Part of the $20 upgrade. All that changes when you upgrade to 1.1.3 is the dock, which looks like that on the iPhone. Purchasing the $20 software upgrade enables the new applications and features, including lyrics.

sashag

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2008
Does anyone know of an application that downloads the lyrics from the internet for you, and puts them on itunes/itouch?
In other words, is their an alternate way than cutting and pasting to add lyrics, for Windows XP users?? (I've seen various programs for mac users but not Windows).

sashag

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2008
yes, like that program. Thank you Dark Angel. Has anyone installed yahooinstaller2 before? I have never used it and want to make sure it wont mess anything up with my computer before I install it. Thanks.

-Dark Angel-

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2007
If its from the yahoo widgets page, its fine. It just gives you the program needed to run the widgets. It is a great app.

sashag

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2008
thank you dark angel. I dowloaded the yahoo installer program fine and put it into add/remove programs. but when i tried to dload the yahoo widget engine 4.5.1 and put it into add/remove programs, "a/r p" said their was a problem with it and wouldnt let me...
do you have any suggestions other than yahoo widgets? Thank you very much for your time and research and I have kept the installer program in case I need it in the future. thanks again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.