Lyrics and iOS6

Reddkryten

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
Hello.

I just have a quick question, hopefully someone running the iOS 6 beta can answer.

When iOS 5 was released the music app lost the ability to display lyrics. Does the new OS restore this ability?

Also, the iPod and iPhone have always had this ability. I know the iPhone music app was updated, does it still retain the lyrics feature?

Thanks in advance.

augustido

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2012
Lyrics on iPad with ios 6

Also me I'm interested if iPad can now show lyrics with ios 6??

dmccloud

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2009
Anchorage, AK
If I'm not mistaken, you would have to have the lyrics included in the metadata for the song in order to them to be displayed in iTunes for OS X/Windows. Doe the songs you're playing contain that metadata?

Altimax98

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2012
Lakeland Fl
On my iPad with the Beta running lyrics do not work, but swiping to change tracks still works, and I don't notice the cool new changing knob

When I'm home and have wifi, if I'm listening to music I often use SoundHound since it can get lyrics from the web and almost as often will scroll with the song.

Maybe many users wouldn't use the Lyrics feature but I doubt anyone would really object. It can be handy, after all, and this device is great for reading books, magazines, the Internet, email... Why not allow it to read what's been embedded in its mp3/AAC library as well?

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Sadly, the music app on iOS6 seems to be exactly the same as iOS5, warts and all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.