Lyrics and iOS6

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Reddkryten, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Reddkryten macrumors 6502

Hello.

I just have a quick question, hopefully someone running the iOS 6 beta can answer.

When iOS 5 was released the music app lost the ability to display lyrics. Does the new OS restore this ability?

Also, the iPod and iPhone have always had this ability. I know the iPhone music app was updated, does it still retain the lyrics feature?

Thanks in advance.

2. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

3. augustido macrumors newbie

Lyrics on iPad with ios 6

Also me I'm interested if iPad can now show lyrics with ios 6??

4. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

If I'm not mistaken, you would have to have the lyrics included in the metadata for the song in order to them to be displayed in iTunes for OS X/Windows. Doe the songs you're playing contain that metadata?

5. Altimax98 macrumors 6502

Altimax98

On my iPad with the Beta running lyrics do not work, but swiping to change tracks still works, and I don't notice the cool new changing knob

6. Altimax98 macrumors 6502

Altimax98

Mine did and it didn't show them

7. parrothead001 macrumors newbie

Lyrics do NOT work on ipad with ios6

Lyrics still do NOT work on ipad with ios6

8. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

When I'm home and have wifi, if I'm listening to music I often use SoundHound since it can get lyrics from the web and almost as often will scroll with the song.

Maybe many users wouldn't use the Lyrics feature but I doubt anyone would really object. It can be handy, after all, and this device is great for reading books, magazines, the Internet, email... Why not allow it to read what's been embedded in its mp3/AAC library as well?

9. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

Sadly, the music app on iOS6 seems to be exactly the same as iOS5, warts and all.