HarryT

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2013
Just tap the album art in the Now Playing screen. Bit different to iOS6 but still there.

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
Just tap the album art in the Now Playing screen. Bit different to iOS6 but still there.

Ios7 on iPhone 5
Settings-->Music-->Lyrics & Podcast Info is on (green).
Tapping the album does not display lyrics for me.

Is there another setting I'm missing?
Do I need to actually download lyrics somehow, first?

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
I didn't know there was a difference. I can't get any lyrics and I only own itunes purchased music.

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
I'm more concerned about Lyrics with the iTunes music purchases. I want them.

The RIAA is against that...they feel you need to pay extra for the lyrics. The RIAA is still stuck in the old world of CDs, where you couldn't display the lyrics even if they were on the CD since the players had no displays.

Sites that offer the lyrics (I use them myself) are often sued by the RIAA just like the sites that offer pirated downloads. The reasoning is the lyric sites get money from advertising on their sites, so the RIAA should get a cut. Plust they consider it piracy.

They could offer songs with lyrics, but they would need to come up with a format to do it - where would the lyrics go? and they would need the companies like Apple and Android and the others to agree on how to store/use the lyrics AND how much more the songs with lyrics would cost.

thedeejay

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada.
The RIAA is against that...they feel you need to pay extra for the lyrics. The RIAA is still stuck in the old world of CDs, where you couldn't display the lyrics even if they were on the CD since the players had no displays.

Sites that offer the lyrics (I use them myself) are often sued by the RIAA just like the sites that offer pirated downloads. The reasoning is the lyric sites get money from advertising on their sites, so the RIAA should get a cut. Plust they consider it piracy.

They could offer songs with lyrics, but they would need to come up with a format to do it - where would the lyrics go? and they would need the companies like Apple and Android and the others to agree on how to store/use the lyrics AND how much more the songs with lyrics would cost.

In other words... No more lyrics? Is that a joke?

Am3r1ca16

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2012
New York City
Maybe you didn't put the lyrics in iTunes?

Because when I download a song I manually have to looks for the lyrics on google then just copy and paste them onto iTunes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 69
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.