M*A*S*H (HD) Complete Series Now Available On iTunes

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by BasicGreatGuy, Nov 8, 2018.

1. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

M*A*S*H the complete series is now available in HD on iTunes for $99.

That was a day one purchase for me. :) Glad to see iTunes offering quality classic series.

2. velocityg4 macrumors 601

velocityg4

That's cool. I loved that show. Now that I've gotten used to watching shows without laugh tracks. It's difficult trying to watch those old sitcoms again.

Seems sort of a shame. It looks like they chose to crop it in 16:9 rather than the original 4:3. It is also listed as only 720P. I don't know if MASH was originally filmed or taped. If filmed it seems odd they didn't go for 1080P or even 4K. They're already going through the trouble of remastering it. Not having it in 1080P or 4K just means fewer fans will buy it. Because they'll be waiting for the full quality version.

3. BasicGreatGuy thread starter Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

MASH is listed as 1080p on my downloaded files.

4. velocityg4 macrumors 601

velocityg4

That's funny the store just lists 720p HD or SD as the options.

5. BasicGreatGuy thread starter Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

The store shows 1080p for me. Make sure your Apple TV is set to 1080p for viewing and downloading. If you have a newer Apple TV, it should show you 1080p in the listing.

6. velocityg4 macrumors 601

velocityg4

I'm just looking at iTunes store on Windows. I figured it would show the same on any device. Just what you can download depends on the capabilities. I guess not.

7. Strider64 macrumors 6502a

Strider64

The funny thing about M*A*S*H for me is I have seen every episode except the finale, for the night they showed the finale I had to work. I would watch the all reruns and never seen that episode. Then I found out because of some stupid licensing agreement that the finale episode wasn't included in the syndication versions of the show. I glad now to purchase it at a reasonable price, but it brings back bittersweet memory for me. My late mother loved M*A*S*H and every time I now watch the show I think of her and it makes me a little sad, but fortunately the joy is more powerful. So I'll be watching the finale and thinking of my mother while I do.

8. Dwood1970 macrumors regular

Same here. I didn’t see the finale until maybe a year ago. Great show. My top 3 favorites of all time.

9. campyguy macrumors 68040

Read this and the posts, likely a buy for me. Posting here as an FYI with an iMP on my desk and 2012 Mini Server nearby. For res options I see 1080p on my iMP and 720p on my Mini (attached to a 32" LG UHD display via HDMI), same account...

10. BasicGreatGuy thread starter Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

The picture quality has never looked better for MASH, in my opinion. So glad not to have to look at the fuzzy reruns anymore, not to mention the lower quality DVD's.