M*A*S*H (HD) Complete Series Now Available On iTunes

velocityg4

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
That's cool. I loved that show. Now that I've gotten used to watching shows without laugh tracks. It's difficult trying to watch those old sitcoms again.

Seems sort of a shame. It looks like they chose to crop it in 16:9 rather than the original 4:3. It is also listed as only 720P. I don't know if MASH was originally filmed or taped. If filmed it seems odd they didn't go for 1080P or even 4K. They're already going through the trouble of remastering it. Not having it in 1080P or 4K just means fewer fans will buy it. Because they'll be waiting for the full quality version.

velocityg4

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
The store shows 1080p for me. Make sure your Apple TV is set to 1080p for viewing and downloading. If you have a newer Apple TV, it should show you 1080p in the listing.
I'm just looking at iTunes store on Windows. I figured it would show the same on any device. Just what you can download depends on the capabilities. I guess not.

Strider64

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2015
Suburb of Detroit
The funny thing about M*A*S*H for me is I have seen every episode except the finale, for the night they showed the finale I had to work. I would watch the all reruns and never seen that episode. Then I found out because of some stupid licensing agreement that the finale episode wasn't included in the syndication versions of the show. I glad now to purchase it at a reasonable price, but it brings back bittersweet memory for me. My late mother loved M*A*S*H and every time I now watch the show I think of her and it makes me a little sad, but fortunately the joy is more powerful. So I'll be watching the finale and thinking of my mother while I do.

Reactions: BasicGreatGuy

Dwood1970

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
The funny thing about M*A*S*H for me is I have seen every episode except the finale, for the night they showed the finale I had to work. I would watch the all reruns and never seen that episode. Then I found out because of some stupid licensing agreement that the finale episode wasn't included in the syndication versions of the show. I glad now to purchase it at a reasonable price, but it brings back bittersweet memory for me. My late mother loved M*A*S*H and every time I now watch the show I think of her and it makes me a little sad, but fortunately the joy is more powerful. So I'll be watching the finale and thinking of my mother while I do.
Same here. I didn’t see the finale until maybe a year ago. Great show. My top 3 favorites of all time.

campyguy

macrumors 68040
Mar 21, 2014
Read this and the posts, likely a buy for me. Posting here as an FYI with an iMP on my desk and 2012 Mini Server nearby. For res options I see 1080p on my iMP and 720p on my Mini (attached to a 32" LG UHD display via HDMI), same account...

BasicGreatGuy

macrumors G5
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Read this and the posts, likely a buy for me. Posting here as an FYI with an iMP on my desk and 2012 Mini Server nearby. For res options I see 1080p on my iMP and 720p on my Mini (attached to a 32" LG UHD display via HDMI), same account...
The picture quality has never looked better for MASH, in my opinion. So glad not to have to look at the fuzzy reruns anymore, not to mention the lower quality DVD's.

Reactions: campyguy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.