M.A.S. Pages won't install...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jakerz, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Jakerz, Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2011

Jakerz macrumors regular

I just bought Pages from the Mac App Store. It jumped from the store and downloaded like every other app does but this time after the download status bar filled up, the Pages icon disappeared from the dock. I went into "Purchases" and it isn't showing it as installed. I have clicked to install it 3 times. Each time it will download and the status bar in the App Store fills up but Pages never shows up in my Applications and it isn't coming up with I do a spotlight search either. Help...

2. Jakerz, Jan 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2011

Jakerz thread starter macrumors regular

I called Apple Support but got no where. The Senior Tech who helped me said he would have to get with the Engineers and see what the problem is. After a week I emailed him and he said that he might have a solution. When I talked to him on Monday, he said that I need to contact iTunes Support and have then look into it and fix the issue. That something isn't downloading within Pages for it to install. He called it a "Source Content Issue".

SO HE WASN'T REALLY ANY HELP! Where was your "solution"?

I immediately emailed iTunes Support and told them the problem and gave them my case number. I got an email from them yesterday saying...

"Thank you for Consulting iTunes Store Customer Support. My name is Jinu and I am glad to help you today.

I understand that you were unable to install the app "Pages" on your computer. I'm sorry to learn that this item did not meet the standard of quality you have come to expect from the iTunes Store.

I have reversed the charge for the purchase. The credit should be posted within five business days.

I have also submitted this item for investigation. Apple takes the quality of the items offered on the iTunes Store seriously and will investigate the issue with this item, but I can't say when or if the issue will be resolved. Please try again in a few days.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for being an iTunes Store customer. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to reply to this email. I will be happy to help in any way I can. Have a great day!"

I got my money back but still have no solution...all they did was put a band-aid on a bullet hole.

3. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Nonsence. They turned back the clock so you never got shot in the first place.

4. Jakerz thread starter macrumors regular

I need Pages though. They could have kept the $19.99. I just need them to find me a way to have Pages.

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

Why not just buy iWork on DVD or use something like OpenOffice?

One reason I haven't tried using the App store for the Mac is I don't like not having a physical media to install. It takes time to download and if there's a problem it can be an awful mess to straighten out and the only way to even try to straighten it out is to spend lots of time on the phone with support people.

6. Danekero macrumors member

7. Jakerz thread starter macrumors regular