M-audio Project Mix mac not recognizing it.

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by punknart, Dec 12, 2010.

1. punknart macrumors newbie

Hi,

Yesterday I finally bought this audio interface. I was very excited but once I opened it I found the first problem. I have a macbook pro (bought on Sept 2009) and the box came with two firewire cables (6pin to 6pin, and 6pin to 4pin and as you all know, macbook pro have 9 pin firewire).... So, today I went to a shop and Bought the 6pin to 9pin cable.

I installed the drivers, turned my mac off, then it on with the project mix connected, and opened M-Audio Firewire Application and @#$@$@#, it didnt work. It says that the project mix is not connected. I tried 34234234 times to uninstall and reinstall but no success. At the moment Im thinking that the cable is failing and the thing is that I dont have another firewire device to test the cable.

Apart from that, I tried to open the control panel software at the preferences system on my mac and when it opens, a message appears saying that it does not work with an intel-based mac. WTF?

Does anyone know what is wrong? I was very happy with this machine and saved months of money to buy it and now I cant even use it :( :( :( :mad::mad:

Please help

Thanks in advance

2. BlackJack325 macrumors member

man that sucks!!!!
    The MBP has an 800 firewire port, from what ive read a lot of the audio interfaces use 400. Is that what you mean by the 9point hook up on the cables?

Call the M-Audio Customer support!!

3. punknart thread starter macrumors newbie

I posted the topic in m-audio forums and it seems that project mix doesnt work with 10.6.5 snow leopard version. The latest update of their driver works with 10.6.4. Amazing isnt it? Its been a month since 10.6.5 was released and M-audio just said: " WE ARE WORKING ON THAT"... and yeah. we all are rich and can have as many consoles as we want.. :p ... Im ****ing stuck with that ****. I cant do anything.. and the worst thing of all is that is completely new!!!!

4. BlackJack325 macrumors member

Thats BS... you can return the interface and get another one cant you?

Project mix is the software driver for the M-Audio interface you have? My HD start up disk says I have 10.6.3, does that sound right? I have a 17" MBP bought from Best buy 11/25/2010.

Im looking into the M-Audio 2626 or the Presonus studio project for myself.

5. sporadicMotion macrumors 65816

sporadicMotion

I had the 2626. It's a nice unit and IMHO has nicer sounding converters than the Presonus unit.