M-Audio Stereophile AV 40

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by PhotoMatt, Nov 14, 2007.

1. PhotoMatt macrumors newbie

Anyone have any experience with these directly? I've seen glowing reviews on the Apple site, pretty good on amazon. I would like to replace my current 2.1 channel Logitech setup with these. Basically I listen to all my music through my iMac, and it would be nice to have the front input for my macbook given the situation calling for it. I tried to search the forum for it, but came up with nothing directly.

Another question, I guess since they lack mini-jack input on the back, I'd have to use a mini jack to rca converter then?
    http://www.m-audio.com/layout/imgview.php?i=/images/global/product_pics/th/spav40_big01.jpg

2. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

I have these (or a set similar) and love them. Not too heavy on the bass, but to my untrained ear they are perfect.

I use a headphone to rca jack.

3. PhotoMatt thread starter macrumors newbie

Cool, sounds good. I see now that the set comes with the cable for iMac to speakers, thanks to a better picture on another website. :)

4. adamzx3 macrumors regular

adamzx3

Let us know how they work out, in a few paychecks i'm going to pick one of these up, seems to be the best quality for the money.

5. PhotoMatt thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm hoping to get them for christmas from the wife, so you might have them first. ;)