M-Cell?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by prnsr82, Jul 19, 2009.

1. prnsr82 macrumors member

I got this today at Memorial City Mall in Houston Texas. Im on Dev 3.1 (b2). Im guessing femo cell, but just thought I would let ya'll know.

Attached Files:

• wr.jpg
      wr.jpg
      File size:
      66.1 KB
      Views:
  2. prnsr82 thread starter macrumors member

Forgot to add my wifes phone is on 3.0 and does not show the M-Cell

3. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

4. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

5. prnsr82 thread starter macrumors member

Well though I had discovered something new... Thanks for stealing my thunder. :) now this thread is about discovering a place that has a microcell in the wild.

6. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

unlimited minutes on m-cell

I'm not sure how it would apply to public places offering M-Cell from AT$T but at least on the home version, minutes are unlimited. I'm actually going to drop my minutes because of this now. And I have over 4k rollover that I'll never use anyway.

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

It's cool OP, now I just have to sell my house and move within a couple 100' of that mall....lol :p:p:p

8. nozebleed macrumors 6502

Im wondering how they opened this up to any phone? On mine you have to authorize the numbers or it doesnt even pick up that signal...hmmm maybe they are running trials for free cell phone usage like free wifi at starbucks. interesting.

btw you have 3 missed calls/voice mails and one calandar event that need acknowledgement - sorry, OCD and that is killing me!!!!:D

9. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

Is it's possible that there's an AT&T kiosk there and the AT&T reception is very poor so they put in a femtocell? OR it's an EDGE area and they're faking 3G for demonstration purposes?

10. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

That sounds more like the AT&T that I know.

11. nozebleed macrumors 6502

still, you have to authorize the phone number on the trial website, and eventually when its released on the real website. you have to authorize the phone to connect to it, or it just uses the signal from the towers. there is no "opening it up" for public/free use as far as I know, maybe they are experimenting with it

12. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

My point is that if it's an AT&T kiosk AT&T can do whatever they want with it. They can go outside of the beta restrictions.

13. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

im gonna derail this for a second and ask what is the bubble on the calendar icon for?

14. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

OCD...omg, I'm the same way. I can't stand to have badge notifications.

15. prnsr82 thread starter macrumors member

Hahaha I have since cleared the notifications just FYI. Also there isnt an ATT store at the mall, there is a kiosk but its not a real one, just one of those private authorized ones. There is an APPLE STORE though. And the M-Cell only showed up on my phone running 3.1(b2) my wifes 3.0 didnt connect. Maybe it has something to do with it?