M-Edge Touring Sleeve Review

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by ksoze, May 11, 2010.

1. ksoze macrumors regular

ksoze

Just got one in red, initial impressions: a winner. Was looking for a light weight sleeve for protecting the new baby while it was moved around the house and occasional trips outside. Looked at the Belkin's in the Apple store, but ran across an ad for the $10 cheaper M-Edge Touring and took a chance. Ordered direct on-line on a Sunday and received it on Tuesday.

This is a very well-built, nice sleeve/case which was just what I was looking for. Made of standard neoprene with a gray polar fleece interior. Has some thickness at front and back to protect screen somewhat. Multiple sturdy zippers, which also allow the power plug to stick out while charging in the sleeve - nice. Sometimes my biggest fear of an accident is when the iPad sits somewhere in the house recharging - problem solved. Fit is snug, but not enough to impact sliding the unit into the case easily. Also includes a small carrying handle which pulls out of one of the zippered sides allowing it to be carried by a handle like a small briefcase.

Various colors available, but I figured the red would not got lost in a sea of black cases.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

http://www.medgestore.com/products/ipad-touring.psp

2. itcrashed macrumors regular

itcrashed

Awesome! Thanks for sharing! We all seem to fly blind when we buy stuff online. My concern with any of these neoprene sleeves are how stiff the neoprene is...I mean, with respect to the inner lining. I prefer the walls to be stiff, not flimsy because I plan on throwing this in larger bags, trunk of my car, etc. where I would want a little bit of durability.

I'm getting my shipment tomorrow, so I'll know real soon for myself, but do you consider this a "flimsy" sleeve, or a more "sturdy" one?

3. ksoze thread starter macrumors regular

ksoze

Definitely more sturdy than flimsy. The front and back sides also appear to have some additional padding behind the fleece lining which should help protect the screen from any hard edges that could hit the case at an angle. Zippers appear to be good quality and it feels substantial when holding it, but it can slide into a larger case or briefcase as needed. These guys make cases for the Kindle and Sony Reader's, so this sleeve was just a size change and appears to have been well-thought out. BestBuy stocks their Reader sleeves, which is where I briefly saw them to initially check out the quality and colors before leaping. You will be happy.

4. itcrashed macrumors regular

itcrashed

Thanks - that's exactly what I wanted to hear!

I believe in Keyser Soze!

5. AnDi86 macrumors 6502

I was just looking at these, but they are looking $20 to ship to the UK

I shall leave it a week or two see what else appears over here so I don't have to spend silly amounts on postage!

But those bad bays are what I think I am looking for!

6. tmarks11 macrumors 6502a

Any possibility of an iPad with a tpu case fitting inside that thing, or is it too snug?