M-Edge Trip Jacket

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by peteo, May 7, 2010.

1. peteo macrumors regular

I wanted to get a case that looked like a classy book/notebook.
    I decide on the M-Edge trip Jacket. I liked the idea that is was made out of canvas, had leather for the binding and a nice elastic to hold it close and to slide in your hand in when its open. I ordered through their web site using amazon payments. I received my this week and I'm pretty happy. Feels and looks great. Here are some pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

My wife is considering one for her's.

Any more thoughts I should relay to her before she buys it this weekend?

Does it feel secure inside?

Does it seem like it will wear well?

3. jedolley macrumors 68000

Thanks for the pics.

I really like the look of the trip jacket over the executive and prefer the canvas over the leather. Unfortunately, the trip jacket doesn't stand in landscape like the executive and i'm not a fan of the color combo options.

4. Advil macrumors 6502a

pics aren't big enough. have anything in a higher resolution?

5. Skystar macrumors 6502

Was wondering why my iPad was choking? :p

6. ArsDigitalis macrumors newbie

M-Edge Trip vs. DODOcase

The Trip was my first option. The M-Edge jacket for my Kindle works flawlessly. Initially I thought the very same for the iPad but after seeing (online) the DODOcase, I changed and opted to give a new chance to the now extinct bird case.
    EA

7. peteo thread starter macrumors regular

It's definitely secure, no way it will fall out. It has good size leather straps on the bottom and leather plus strong elastic straps on the top.

I think it will wear well. I really like the feel and when it's closed it hides your iPad pretty well. All sides are totally exposed but the flaps are about 1/2' bigger on all sides so it looks like if you dropped the case while closed the iPad would not be touched. I guess there's a chance some dirt might get under the flaps but the large elastic holds the front very strongly to the screen. It's really like a good classy note book. So far I give it an A. I was holding it closed on the subway today and no one notice it was an iPad.

Oh yeah there is an elastic strap on the inside of the cover that let's you put your hand under it when its open so you can hold the pad in a stronger way.

8. DotCom2 macrumors 68040

Does it look like it might still fit if you have your iPad in a silicone case?

9. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

Have you had any issues with the right upper elastic strap pushing on the volume up button. I read another review that mentioned that but was wondering if you experienced the same thing.

10. peteo thread starter macrumors regular

The right elastic does cover part of the volume strip making it a little bit hard to turn up the volume. There is no issue with the eleastic actually causing the volume to go up though.

11. peteo thread starter macrumors regular

not sure, the bottom leather straps are pretty tight and are not elastic, so do not think it would fit

12. NikFinn macrumors 6502a

NikFinn

Is it possible to use this case like Apple Case top prop the iPad up? So you could type easier on a flat surface or have it in landscape and use an external bluetooth keyboard

13. peteo thread starter macrumors regular

No the binding is soft leather so it does not prop up the iPad, it lays flat. If you use the rubber ban with the cover flipped around the back and stand the iPad up horizontally you can watch movies but it stands strait up so it's not ideal. I just hold with my hands under the opened cover flipped around the back to watch things.