M.Youtube.com has changed?

Dino F

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
Since yesterday, I have noticed that using m.youtube.com, the layout has completely changed (for the better I might add!)

Previously, when I looked at my subscriptions, it would just should them in a grid like fashion, however, since yesterday, it now displays them like this:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344674990.421694.jpg

Anyone else notice this?!

Feltzem

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2009
I noticed that they updated it with retina graphics (for example adding it to the Homescreen has a retina icon), which is nice.

Redjericho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
The ProTube tweak has also updated to compliment the changes. YouTube mobile is a bit better than it was before.

el Che

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2011
Today I also noticed that videos that weren't playable yesterday can now be played. Seems the site is now using Quicktime.

dr.rosenrosen

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2008
Since yesterday, I have noticed that using m.youtube.com, the layout has completely changed (for the better I might add!)

Previously, when I looked at my subscriptions, it would just should them in a grid like fashion, however, since yesterday, it now displays them like this:

View attachment 352523

Anyone else notice this?!
Mine doesn't look like that, but today the control buttons are different and now my full screen doesn't work anymore. Safari tabs and menu bar still thre when I select full screen mode.

Feltzem

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2009
Mine doesn't look like that, but today the control buttons are different and now my full screen doesn't work anymore. Safari tabs and menu bar still thre when I select full screen mode.
Yeah, that's pretty annoying. The app can't come soon enough.

brilliant

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2010
nope, still the same. i've noticed though that i can now watch vevo videos on youtube.

dreigemuese

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2012
Yep, I noticed the change and my ProTube full screen mode stopped working. Everything else still seems to be okay. But when I press on full screen, the status bar and the bar on bottom still remains.

Menel

macrumors 603
Aug 4, 2011
I wish saving it to homescreen made it act like a webapp, like some pages can do, opening separate from Safari without browsing toolbars at top.

milkmankilla

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2009
I noticed several changes to the mobile layout over the past few days. I actually had 2 different versions of the new mobile layout. The one I have today is much better than the first one I had at the beginning of the week. The only problem is that it won't let me go full screen. I makes the video bigger only in the browser but doesn't take over the whole screen anymore.

Kingios

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2012
Nooo it was when I was watching the yogscast

Noo! Why? Why? I loved the old mobile yt 4mat now I don't know where anything is!