m.youtube.com working for anyone?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mobile923, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Mobile923 macrumors 6502

Hmm.. videos don't seem to play in YouTube's Webapp in Safari for me. anyone else?

2. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

3. Bob Sanders macrumors member

Same

4. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

5. TheXIIIth macrumors member

I had it happen a couple of times last night while accessing a clip via the Twitter app. Wondering if this is 4.3 related.
    I noticed some glitches while playing Plants vs Zombies too. Where during certain portions of the games some of the background sounds or sound effects would be muted [there wouldn't be any sound from the snow peas hitting the bucket head zombies].

6. chris566 macrumors regular

Only sound for me after upgrading to 4.3. This is the case in safari, icab, and atomic. I'm not happy. The integrated YouTube app is the only thing that works for me :mad:

7. blackNBUK macrumors 6502a

I'm sure that I've had videos working on mobile YouTube since I installed 4.3 but how I'm seeing the same as everyone else, sound but no video. The aspect ratio of the video image has changed a lot so my guess is that Google has changed something on their end.

Edit: Is anyone still on 4.2? Do you see the same thing?

8. err404 macrumors 68020

I know that this is the iPad forum, but I'll throw this in anyway since the iPhone4 and iPad1 use essential the same CPU/GPU: My iPhone 4 running 4.3 is playing m.youtube.com just fine in HQ and SD. This leads me to conclude that the issue is either on Apples side with the iPad build, or only effects a subset of videos. Can you post a specific video that is showing this problem? Also, those of you having issues, are you using iPad1 or iPad2? It could be a driver issue with the new GPU.

9. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

I updated to 4.3 when they released the GM to us. But this m.youtube problem only started in the last day. I can only conclude that google modified their code and something got buggered.

10. iammike1 macrumors 6502a

iammike1

Tossing my hat in the ring. I had 4.3 before this problem showed up. Only first noticed the problem today.