Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dhock_Holiday

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2019
Anyone else have problems with their M1 Air dropping calls when using HandOff? Its super finicky to the point where I have just stopped using this feature, not sure if this is a Bluetooth issue or a software bug. I can 100% get the call to drop if I try to transfer the call to my Air or vice-versa to the iPhone. Very annoying, anyone else having this problem?

Don't have this problem on any of my other Mac's

Both devices are fully up to date. I'm running macOS 11.2.3 and my iPhone 11 Pro is running 14.4.2

ractdi

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2020
Yes I’m having the same issue, I assumed it was being caused by me using the 14.5 beta on my iPhone but from what you have said it’s not related.

Kendall742

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2021
Hi Both, having the exact same issue. I initially read online that it is due to wifi calling switched on, on the phone. So i switched this off and then it seemed to work for a short while but now it's playing up again. I have a Macbook pro m1. Have either of you reported this to Apple? Seems like a fault. Happy to report it too as i can't see any guidance on it.

also found this:

iPhone 12 Pro + Mac Mini (M1): Call Dropp… - Apple Community

Dhock_Holiday

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2019
Hi Both, having the exact same issue. I initially read online that it is due to wifi calling switched on, on the phone. So i switched this off and then it seemed to work for a short while but now it's playing up again. I have a Macbook pro m1. Have either of you reported this to Apple? Seems like a fault. Happy to report it too as i can't see any guidance on it.

also found this:

iPhone 12 Pro + Mac Mini (M1): Call Dropp… - Apple Community
I have, submitted a bug report some time ago, I haven't had a chance to test this with macOS 11.3 yet though.

j0nblayz

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2007
not sure if its related, I was having issues with my m1 air where I would get a call failed constantly on MacBook Air every time I tried to call out from MacBook, or hand off from my phone. Logging out of FaceTime on my MacBook, rebooting and logging back into FaceTime fixed my issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.