Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

what bluetooth issues are you experiencing?

• apple mouse/keyboard/trackpad

Votes: 154 39.8%
  • 3rd party mouse/keyboard devices

Votes: 81 20.9%
  • airpods (any)

Votes: 86 22.2%
  • 3rd party headphones/devices

Votes: 57 14.7%
  • nothing

Votes: 87 22.5%
  • i love lamp

Votes: 18 4.7%

• Total voters

Mac... nificent

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
Those are some odd instructions for a "tech" if they say to first put your bluetooth files in a folder - which sounds like they are not sure if it will work or not and are making a backup just in case.
I added that part because not everyone knows there way around a computer. If they do something wrong they can simply put the files back. They can't do that if they immediately delete them.

bbates123

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2010
Going on day 2 for me on the 11.2 beta and the AirPods stuttering/cutouts issue appears to be resolved. Also, I received this email from Apple yesterday:

"As a result of your feedback, there are changes in the latest update, build 20D5029f, that have resolved this issue."

Last edited:

MacPies

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2020
Has anyone (or can anyone please) try the 11.2 beta 1 with 3rd party Bluetooth earbuds (like the Galaxy Buds+)? Still on stable, but having issues connecting. Wondering whether airpods pro would work better.

moonbread

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2020
Open a new folder on your desktop.

Open Finder and go to ~/Library/Preferences/ folder.

Then copy all files having to do with Bluetooth in their name and paste them into your new desktop folder.

Delete all of those bluetooth files in Preferences.

Restart your system and everything should work fine (at least for a while).

Once you've confirmed your computer works fine you can then delete the new desktop folder.

Well..****. This actually did work..at least for Airpod Pro's - haven't tested anything else yet. Very interesting indeed. I wonder if this forces a pull for an updated version of the Bluetooth driver. I am not that experienced in how Macs handle this stuff as I primarily use Windows.

Regardless...thanks!!

Reactions: MiniApple

TheRealest

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2020
Open a new folder on your desktop.

Open Finder and go to ~/Library/Preferences/ folder.

Then copy all files having to do with Bluetooth in their name and paste them into your new desktop folder.

Delete all of those bluetooth files in Preferences.

Restart your system and everything should work fine (at least for a while).

Once you've confirmed your computer works fine you can then delete the new desktop folder.

I did this and it's working well so far (although it's only been half a day). Will report back again in a few days.

Running macOS 11.1 on M1 MBP 13". I also migrated from a time machine backup when I got the laptop.
Resetting the bluetooth module and adding/removing devices did not work previously.

Update: things were good for a day or two. Still experiencing audio cutouts randomly while watching Netflix w/ Airpod Pro & QC 35s.

Last edited:

Jacksquatch

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2020
I got a M1 mini 16gb/512gb yesterday.

My main issue has been bluetooth audio crackiling/studdering.

I have been trying to use Sony wf-1000xm3 earbuds, or JBL Flip 5, both especially in youtube or netflix or something will crackle and studder like crazy.

Also my Corsair Harpoon mouse in bluetooth mode feels really laggy, it doesn't hitch or disconnect, its just feels like its got horrible input lag. ( worse than typical bluetooth lag )

I changed to a Logitech G703 Lightspeed and used the dongle, so mouse seems fine now.
My keyboard is a Keychron K1, its not had any bluetooth issues so far.

I tried everything and nothing worked, so far today it seems to be working. Moved my Mini to the side of my monitor instead of directly under it. and got rid of my corsair harpoon bluetooth mouse. Not having any audio issues so far today.

Really have no idea what may have fixed it or if its even fixed. All the other tricks online like turning off wifi, resetting the bluetooth module etc. never did anything for me.

I feel like maybe it was that corsair mouse causing the problems for me, soon as I deleted it and switched to a non bluetooth mouse my audio seems fine now.

Last edited:

Gen4ig

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2017
Poland
Mac mini M1 8/512 I bought yesterday, after plug in AirPods 2 or JBL every 10/40 sec I hear sound issues like lost "bluetooth" connections.

snakes-

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2011
I connect my bluetooth speaker to my mac before i play video files or stream. after the connection is approved then i can play videos or music without problems.
Connecting while playing videos/music i get trouble. Thats why i always connect before play things.
The same when playing a game for testing. i connect first the speaker then open the game.

shevans

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2007
Herts, UK
My M1 Mini would not wake from sleeping this morning with a keyboard press, power cycled and no have no effing keyboard and no means of loging in.

tacticalpacket

macrumors newbie
Dec 25, 2020
I was able to resolve this problem by the following steps: Press Shift + Option then click on the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar and select Reset the Bluetooth module, click OK, restart the Mac. Reconnect mouse, keyboard, etc. No further problems.
***Created an account just for this***

"Shift + Option then click on the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar and select Reset the Bluetooth module"

I didn't need to reboot but this worked perfectly for me, thank you!

macnmac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 18, 2017
Apple Park
im getting slight distortion on my APM now after behaving for a bit... guess theres no end to this saga...

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
I’m out.

I also have experienced the Bluetooth issues now in the last two days and I am done with this experiment for now.

Whatever the issue is Apple needs to fix it ASAP.
Basic, simple, consistent, Bluetooth connectivity needs to be table stakes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wizec

nixx

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2014
I've got a MacBook Pro M1 and experience issues with my Logitech MX Master 3 for Mac bluetooth mouse. It will randomly stop working for about 5-10 seconds and then start working again. I don't have wifi enabled, no other issues with bluetooth devices (my AirPods v1 work fine), etc.

What's weird is if I run the NVIDIA GeForce Now app (it's a video game streaming app) with the "Direct Mouse Input" feature enabled I can game for hours with no mouse drop outs. NVIDIA has its own mouse driver I assume. This makes me think the bluetooth mouse drops are actually MacOS driver related and can likely be fixed with a future software patch.

Reactions: turbineseaplane
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.