Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

spiderman0616

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
Kind of an odd and possibly unanswerable question for you all:

I just ordered a 13" M1 MBA and the Apple branded leather sleeve. I know the sleeve fits the 13" MBP too, so here's my question:

Is there a recommended hard cover that any of you have used that will still allow the MBA to slide into the sleeve with no problem? If not, I'm going to go without, but I'd rather have the extra protection. I'm not a big fan of skins on my Macs, but I'm starting to think that's the only option at the moment. For my work MBP I really like my Incase cover, but I feel like the same style cover might add too much thickness for the MBA to still go in the sleeve.

Thanks!

Alicia1

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2009
Gold Coast, Australia
Kind of an odd and possibly unanswerable question for you all:

I just ordered a 13" M1 MBA and the Apple branded leather sleeve. I know the sleeve fits the 13" MBP too, so here's my question:

Is there a recommended hard cover that any of you have used that will still allow the MBA to slide into the sleeve with no problem? If not, I'm going to go without, but I'd rather have the extra protection. I'm not a big fan of skins on my Macs, but I'm starting to think that's the only option at the moment. For my work MBP I really like my Incase cover, but I feel like the same style cover might add too much thickness for the MBA to still go in the sleeve.

Thanks!

I have the m1 air as well as the leather sleeve (I cringe when I think how much the leather sleeve is). It is a very tight fit, there is no way you would be able to put a hard case on the air and then put it in the sleeve as well.

spiderman0616

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
I have the m1 air as well as the leather sleeve (I cringe when I think how much the leather sleeve is). It is a very tight fit, there is no way you would be able to put a hard case on the air and then put it in the sleeve as well.
Good to know--thanks! The sleeve was a splurge just because I'm so excited about this machine getting here.

JLH81

macrumors regular
May 10, 2016
Could you provide me a link to this leather case? I am looking for something to transport my M1.

glindon

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2014
Phoenix
I bought the sleeve in midnight blue with my veteran's discount ($161). After searching over several days, I couldn't find any leather sleeves that were as sleek or nice as Apple's (very expensive) sleeve.

Alicia1

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2009
Gold Coast, Australia
I bought the sleeve in midnight blue with my veteran's discount ($161). After searching over several days, I couldn't find any leather sleeves that were as sleek or nice as Apple's (very expensive) sleeve.
It is $279 AUD here :eek: still don't know what I was thinking buying it but it is really is a nice sleeve, I got it in black.

spiderman0616

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
It is $279 AUD here :eek: still don't know what I was thinking buying it but it is really is a nice sleeve, I got it in black.
I got the black one too. I have a feeling it will look really nice as it wears.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.