Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Either should be fine… more important question, is do you need more than 2 displays? If so, get the Pro.

tevion5

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2011
Ireland
Both are very capable CPUs so if you know you use something that uses over 16GB of ram get the 24GB M2.

That said I would say in the vast majority of use cases more than 16GB of memory isn't needed, so more CPU cores and higher memory bandwidth would speed things up a bit.

I went for the M2 Pro with 16GB of RAM!

Reactions: adamcarvell

Stow

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2016
Boston MA
Both are very capable CPUs so if you know you use something that uses over 16GB of ram get the 24GB M2.

That said I would say in the vast majority of use cases more than 16GB of memory isn't needed, so more CPU cores and higher memory bandwidth would speed things up a bit.

Yeah i honestly dont know if i will so i dont know if m2 pro is fine

Reactions: tevion5

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2009

Same I had ordered 24gb M2 but realized I need 3 displays so I went with 16GB M2 Pro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.