Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mbp17forever

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2021
M2 air (Ventura) doesn’t read my two external HD drives. Both drives work well with m1 MacBook Pro (Ventura) and all my older intel macs. Any thoughts?

ascender

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2005
I had this with my M2 MacBook Air trying to read a Sandisk Extreme SSD. I solved it by using an Apple Thunderbolt cable which came with my Apple Studio Display.

None of my other Apple cables (usb-c to usb-c) worked with the drive which works with other Apple devices.

This wasn't something which was introduced with 13.2 for me - I had a similar issue with the last version of macOS and another SSD drive.

Reactions: mbp17forever

Jon 245

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2023
I had this with my M2 MacBook Air trying to read a Sandisk Extreme SSD. I solved it by using an Apple Thunderbolt cable which came with my Apple Studio Display.

None of my other Apple cables (usb-c to usb-c) worked with the drive which works with other Apple devices.

This wasn't something which was introduced with 13.2 for me - I had a similar issue with the last version of macOS and another SSD drive.
Hi,

How did you overcome with with only regular USB connection flash drives that don't require any cables?

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.