Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adelphos33

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 13, 2012
I’ve been somewhat frustrated with all of the laptop iterations recently… I’ve enjoyed my M2 MacBook Air, but noticed I can use a bit more screen size and quality when I am using it on the road. I was initially offput by the thicker MacBook Pro design, but I now appreciate it a bit more after seeing several in the wild.

Is it me, or is a $1,799 M3 MacBook Pro (16 GB RAM, 512 SSD) a better buy than an $1,599 M2/M3 MacBook Air (16 GB RAM, 512 SSD)? Mainly for the better screen

Jamacfer

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2015
京都市
It is a very personal matter. Some people prefer to use a luxury sedan even to drive only in the city because of its elegance and comfort, and there is nothing wrong with that. Of course for some advantages there will also be some disadvantages such as higher price and larger size. However out of metaphor, if you don't need the power of the pros you could use an external monitor connected to the air when you are at home.

Mockenrue

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2013
The 15" MacBook Air 16GB/512GB checked all the boxes for me at the current $1,499 sale price ($200 off). If I had to buy at retail, I probably would have waited for an M3 Air. My workloads just don't hit performance cores that often, and I like the bigger screen/slightly lighter weight, fanless, and lower price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.