.m2ts video format

dextertangocci

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
Hi everyone:)

A friend gave me a dvd with a whole lot of .m2ts files on it and asked me to convert them for her, as she coudn't get them to play. They are apparently Sony files. I tried to convert them with visualhub, but all I get is a fuzzy picture, but with perfect sound:confused:

Are there any ways to convert these files into a playable format? I don't mind if the software isn't free, and if no apps are available for the mac, windows software will also do.

Thanks!:)

bmcgonag

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2007
Texas
You might try MPEGStreamclip, seems like this is supposed to work for that, but not sure about it.

Brian

Hi everyone:)

A friend gave me a dvd with a whole lot of .m2ts files on it and asked me to convert them for her, as she coudn't get them to play. They are apparently Sony files. I tried to convert them with visualhub, but all I get is a fuzzy picture, but with perfect sound:confused:

Are there any ways to convert these files into a playable format? I don't mind if the software isn't free, and if no apps are available for the mac, windows software will also do.

Thanks!:)

quovadis

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2006
in PA
m2ts

Not sure about .m2ts but I know that the VLC player plays .m2t files ... so may be worth giving VLC a shot

dextertangocci

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
Hi guys.. That didn't seem to work:(

Does anybody know of any Sony software or even windows software that will work? Any advice on how to convert these files would be greatly appreciated:)

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
try mplayer. Also try renaming one file from ".m2ts" to ".m2t" and then try that file in both vlc and mplayer.