.M3U File Issue

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Dormeno, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Dormeno, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2012

Dormeno macrumors newbie

Hello guys, I've just got a first apple product (Apple iPad2 16gb) for my 21st birthday. Had to choose between android tablet and apple, it was not hard to decide :eek:

The main issue is how to launch a .M3U file type? Its an online TV playlist. It works fine when I open it on Windows 7 (VLC player) but it does not want to open on my iPad.

Other questions would be:
    1. Can I install Windows 7 on it somehow? I know that the architecture of the processor is not applicable, but I've seen that people were using OnLive desktop or something to run Windows 7.
    3. The M3U file type issue.
    4. How to run Flash on ipad?

Thanks a lot for answering my questions :)

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

We don't help with piracy here. If you use Installous and download stolen IPAs, then you are on your own.

3. Dormeno thread starter macrumors newbie

Ignore the part I've said about breaking it. Just answer my questions if possible please ;)

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

neither windows 7 nor flash will run on an iPad.

5. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

Splashtop remote desktop or Teamviewer (a number of others as well) can mirror your computer screen to your device, but not run windows natively.

I've never even heard of m3u files sorry

You cannot run flash natively either. There is a browser called iswifter that can run flash, but it's quite choppy, not a viable replacement for flash for anything other than simple flash videos.

6. Dormeno thread starter macrumors newbie