m4v to avi

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by armd.franco, Dec 10, 2007.

1. armd.franco macrumors member

armd.franco

what software can i use to make a m4v movie to avi or wmv, basicly i made a school project on imovie and now i need to give it to the teacher but he has a PC and wants the file to be able to run on WMP the basic one that comes with xp, what do you guys suggest???

is there any way to export the movie form imovie into avi directly?

2. Hmac macrumors 68020

Quicktime Pro oughta do it, or you could convert to .wmv with Quicktime Pro and Flip4Mac Studio.

3. armd.franco thread starter macrumors member

armd.franco

thanks, i've tried that but it's not working :s, m4v to avi, quicktime crashes at about 98%, i've tried that may times and it's always the same thing, and m4v to wmv using flip4mac only exports half the movie.

it seems that i was abel to fix my prblem by making the m4v to .mov and then the .mov to avi using quicktime pro, it lost some quality but screw that if my teacher wants to see it in all it's quality let him used quicktime or VLC what ever he wishes to, we're in 2007 and he wants to limit us to use wmp? wich in my opinion is the worst player of all.