M4V to MPEG1 conversion

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Point31, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Point31 macrumors newbie

I am hoping someone can help me. I am trying to do something very counterproductive to what seems like a much better option. I have m4v video from iMovie that I am trying to convert to a MPEG1 file.

I have tried Handbrake, Quicktime, VLC and FFMPEGx (I think is what it is called) and have not come up with a proper MPEG1. It could very well be that I don't know what I am doing. With that being said... I think I have exhausted my options or the limits of my know-how and I am turning to you all for help.

Any suggestions or help is appreciated.

Thank You.

2. advres Guest

advres

Can I ask why you are going to mpeg 1? There are much, much better codecs out there...

Also, posting this here will probably get you the best answers the quickest.

3. Point31 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks super werty, trying it out now.... UPDATE: Doesn't work. Great Standalone Program for all other file formats though! Thanks for the heads up.

advres - The reason I am trying for Mpeg1 is because I am in the process of attempting to put together a VCD for PC's and the specs for that called for MPEG1 (Since I guess it is compatible with most PCs old and new and a wide range of Windows OSs).

If it were me, I would just create a DVD-Rom and be done with it.

Oh - And thanks for the head ups on the proper place to post - I will do that now.. Thanks.