Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

g0odfr1end102

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Montreal, Canada
Good evening everyone. I found today's keynote great, and very exciting: Touch ID looks great, the camera sounds incredible, and the 64 bit A7 chip left me speechless. This is my opinion, feel free to disagree.

But my purpose is not here. One feature intrigues me: the M7 chip. With recent reports/rumors of a so called "iwatch" in the works, could this M7 chip be the missing link between the phone and the watch? By this I mean: do you think Apple's choice to incorporate this feature hints toward the watch?

There has been, for the moment, no part leaks whatsoever. Tim Cook warned us, fall 2013 would be a relatively quiet quarter, with the exception of the iPhone (September) and iPad (mid/end October seems probable) refreshes–especially as we now know that iPods will NOT be getting a refresh since Apple Store only started listing new colors after today's keynote. 2014, however, is another story. It is my belief that the M7 chip will very quickly be implemented to the iPad 5 and iPad Mini this October, and that a watch could follow during the first quarter of 2014. The timeframe does seem correct.

Please share your thoughts. Btw, this thread kind of conveys every single Apple product, so I wasn't sure where to post it. Feel free to move it if needed!

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
I found today's keynote great, and very exciting: Touch ID looks great, the camera sounds incredible, and the 64 bit A7 chip left me speechless. This is my opinion, feel free to disagree.

You must be one of the few in this forum who feel so excited about today's.

M7 chip.!

The new category of wearables... so yes the M7 would be a natural sensor to be built into the rumoured iWatch although, as you saw today, no iWatch announcement.

g0odfr1end102

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Montreal, Canada
How can one be excited when he already knows what the product will consist of? I remember back in the days when we found out about the fingerprint scanner everybody looked happy. Same goes for the camera.

It's funny how leaks have begun changing people in the last 5 years. With increased secrecy issues, and thanks to a well known diffusion platform known as Internet, people are always less and less excited? One of the most common thing we say about Apple now is that they lost their former ways, that being: innovation. I don't believe in that anymore. They DO innovate. We're just too much "connected", and know everything about a product two months before it is launched. Back in the days, say 2007, this was unimaginable. Everything was a surprise, everyone was glad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.