MaacbookPro 13" & Lion

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jbrown, Feb 26, 2012.

1. jbrown macrumors 6502a

jbrown

Hi

Will all models of MBP ( Unibody ) 13" laptops run Lion - even the earliest models? I need to get one for my girlfriend - but will need to run Lion.

Thanks all :)

2. RyanMacm macrumors member

RyanMacm

I don't know if I am answering your question correctly but, I did get my MacBook Pro 13" 1 1/2 weeks ago as a gift. Mine's the late 2011, yes I do run lion, 10.7.3. Hope that helps.

3. Medic278 macrumors 6502a

Medic278

2011 MBP do run Lion, however an early 2011 MBP may still be running Snow Leopard, which is still a great OS, however Lion can be had for $29 from the Mac App store. But yes ALL 2011 MBP are capable of running Lion.

4. jbrown thread starter macrumors 6502a

jbrown

Thanks for the reply - it doesn't really help - as what I'm trying to do is get her an early model MBP Unibody - as long as it can run Lion.

5. Medic278 macrumors 6502a

Medic278

Ohh I see sorry misread that, Unibody MBP will run lion.

6. RyanMacm macrumors member

RyanMacm

I also apologize. Like what Medic said, yes it all runs lion and can run lion. :)

----------

How are you enjoying the MacBook Air? I got my laptop as a gift, I love my MBP but I also wonder how the air works.

7. Medic278 macrumors 6502a

Medic278

The air is nice I bought them both because I couldn't decide. It is super faster but crippled by its small SSD (128GB), lack of ports and lack of optical drive, I use my pro 90% of the time. That being said the Air is still a great machine for someone who doesn't need expandability or hard drive space.

8. RyanMacm macrumors member

RyanMacm

I asked cos I know about the 14 Day return/exchange policy. I've been pondering if i should or should not exchange for the MacBook Air but then again, with the way I need my laptop. I wouldn't make any sense. So therefore, that's why I wanted another person's opinion for some reassurance :) thanks. Anyways, what apps are there for me to use that you're using that would be beneficial for a new starter?

9. Medic278 macrumors 6502a

Medic278

Aperture is great photo editing,iMovie is also an easy to use to video editing software. Pages and evernote are great for word processing and leaving notes to push to all your devices.

10. RyanMacm macrumors member

RyanMacm

I do not understand iMovie. I was messing with it with the videos I captured going hiking with my friend. I just don't get it lol. Aperture...isn't that like iPhoto?

11. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Lion on my 2010 MBP has been very stable. I made sure I had lots of ram, and also went the clean install. Not sure if either option was helping me but Lion has been stable and fast for me.

12. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

i have lion running on my previous mac (the first-gen 13" aluminum mb, lacking, alas, the 'pro' label), so...late 2008, and it runs lion just fine...