Mabook Bezel broken

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by akhilsood, Sep 10, 2011.

1. akhilsood macrumors newbie

Hi i m new to this site, and i incurred a very dis-heartening damage to my macbook pro mid 2010, 13'. I sat one it!

Well what happened after that is the bezel cracked. I was terrified how much it would cost me and still am coz i can not find anyone to fix it unless i get the whole LED replaced, which is out of question!
    I was wondering if anyone out here has ever had a problem with this model, coz i went to one of the third party technicians and he told me it is impossible to replace the bezel for this 13' model.
    And if there is any third party company who fixes issues like this and is good at it and can be recommended by you guys!

Oh and by the way i m in india, and there aint too many macbooks around here to be repaired hence no one to repair them, atleast thats what i m thinking, i hope anyone can suggest what can be done about it!

Thank you!

[​IMG]

2. Funkatronic macrumors 6502

Funkatronic

Sorry to hear about your problem, mate. After checking iFixit, it appears you can indeed remove the glass (which is what seems to have cracked) from the display and replace it, but it seems like a very tricky procedure. Check this link out.

I don't think any Certified Techs here in India (from what I've seen, their knowledge is limited to the Apple Repair Manuals, and that's perfectly fine) would be able to pull it off. You also haven't mentioned the city you live in, if you want a recommendation of a third party company, your location would help :)

Also, be careful of what you sit on next time ;)