Mac 21.5" for gaming

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Ivangoh123, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Ivangoh123 macrumors newbie

Im wondering should i get the latest imac 21.5" , im basically using on
    website searching such as facebook , mail , google , etc
    video streaming
    photoshop / adobe illustrator
    and some gaming such as dota 2

well i know dota 2 still didn't provide mac version yet , but my question is , can i play it smoothly on bootcamp? window 7
    before that i have an macbook pro 15" , the battery went dead long ago , and i sent it to the switch service center , they cost me about half of a new macbook pro 15" to replace my battery and also logicboard , well , i didnt do that , my macbook still work well with plug and without battery , i dont feel like the logicboard is spoil and its not necessary to replace. But i've found few thread that mention the macbook pro will work without battery , but it will slow down quite alot , due to not enough energy , i don't know wether it right or not , but i still decide to get a better one to share the job , when im doing more heavy stuff will on imac , and more light process on macbook pro .

Is the latest imac 21.5" work great ? even on bootcamp gaming , high resolution and perfomance games .

2. edddeduck macrumors 68020

edddeduck

It's can play most games on decent settings but if you want to play on highest resolution and settings then you need something more powerful.