Mac 27 inch display

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by madman962, Feb 28, 2011.

1. madman962 macrumors newbie

I'm currently thinking about moving partially over to the Mac side. I have an iPad and iPhone and have been very pleased. I'm looking at the Mac minis because I don't care about portability but I don't want to pay for a mac pro or mbp. I'm planning to wait until the Mac mini gets a refresh before purchasing.

My question is, what's the point in getting a 27" Mac monitor? I get that you pay a premuim for macs and that's fine, it just seems like the monitor is overpriced and youre just paying for the name. Am I missing something?

I'm planning to just pick up a monitor on newegg unless there's some reason I'm missing.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You're not missing anything. Any display will work with the Mac mini. It doesn't have to be the ACD. There are less expensive displays of about the same size that would likely meet your needs. Personally, I won't buy one because of the glossy display. If they made an anti-glare version, I'd consider it.

3. DudeMartin macrumors regular

A 27" matte display just doesn't seem right ... like I always imagine Apple displays to be like ... you walk into a room and it's this magical screen that is shiny, beautiful color, and clear glass. The matte I think just sort of takes some of that glory away.

Anyways, to each his own I guess.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Well, the 30" ACD was anti-glare, and it was a superb display. I wish they hadn't discontinued it.
    True.