Mac accessories on a budget!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Buddygor, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Buddygor macrumors regular

Hey guys!

So, I'm getting a late 2006 MacBook from my uncle soon, who has upgraded it to max 3GB RAM. It still has the original 80GB HD, so I want to replace that for sure. I also want some other things, but my limit is $100. Here is what I want-

-Around 120-240GB internal HD. 7200RPM, reputable company/good reviews
    -Magic Trackpad (for Lion!)
    -External 300-500GB Hard drive for Time Machine

Any help? The internal can be lower capacity, but I really don't want to use the external as an extra hard drive- I want it just for backups. Also, the lowest price MT I could find was around $60. Woof. Any luck with that? I really need this stuff guys, and I was hoping someone out there could help me within my budget, get some quality stuff!

Thanks!
    Noah
    :apple::D

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Your budget is $100 for all three items? Not going to happen.

3. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

Realistically I think you may need to cut one of the three items out. But if you look hard for sales and deals you may be able to find one. You may need to settle for used though, stay up late to get a final bid on ebay, or settle for less though.

Internal HD 250gb/5400rpm- $31.99

Magic Trackpad -$48.95

External HD- $45.95

The total is around $127 factor in shipping and you are at $140. These are not what you ideally wanted and wont carry a warranty. I think you need to pick the most important and get the items one at a time. In the long run you will be glad you did.