.mac account help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by surfer99, Apr 16, 2007.

1. surfer99 macrumors 6502

Well this is going to sound pretty stupid but here it goes....being pretty new to macs I just recently purchased a .mac account and to be completly honest I am not exactly sure why I did it or what I get with it. I guess I will tell you what I know and you guys can fill me in on what I might be missing or am wrong about. I am aware that I get an email address and I also created a webpage. I recently uploaded my bookmarks as well. I guess my two questions are 1.Can I back up my photos with this (right now I am syncing my iDisk, not sure what that means, maybe you guys can answer that too) and 2.What am I missing that I should be aware of? Thanks for all the help in advanced.

2. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

you can also sync your calendars with it.

you can back up whatever you want to with it, but you only have 1Gb worth of storage (unless you paid for more)

3. surfer99 thread starter macrumors 6502

what is my idisk and how does this pertain to my .mac account?

4. janey macrumors 603

janey

the iDisk is like an internet-based hard drive where you can store stuff to access anywhere else with an internet connection. It's part of the .mac subscription, as it's where your .mac website files are dumped to display on your homepage.mac.com site.