Mac Addiction: Help Needed...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iSlave, Jun 19, 2007.

1. iSlave macrumors 6502

Hi everyone..

I just joined up here, and would like to share a problem I have. It's pretty serious, and I think I might need professional help - I have a compulsive Mac buying habit which I just can't seem to break.

It started when a guy from work got me into Macs. He'd always used them, and persuaded me to give them a try. I promptly sold my M$ infested BillyBox and got a shiny new G5 17'' iMac (this was a couple of years ago). It was an awakening, the likes of which I've never experienced.....nope, not even compared to THAT sort of awakening.

Problem solved, you might say? Happily ever after? Well, not quite..see, I'm now addicted to buying Macs. I've since had a Rev A. MacBook Pro (whose screen blew up), and another 17'' C2D iMac.

Currently, I am using a 2.16ghz C2D MBP which fulfills my every need and I was planning to get an extra 1gb Ram and a nice Logitech V270 to round it off.

But now, Apple have gone and announced new, redesigned and probably 'insanely great' iMacs, just waiting around the corner....and as much as my logic circuits tell me I don't need one...my addiction to buying Macs is already starting to take me over...

Can anyone offer any advice/help/therapy before my wallet opens again??

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Here's one bit of advice: Apple hasn't announced a single thing regarding redesigned iMacs...take news from any other source with a big grain of salt.

3. 66217 Guest

You can give me your money if you want, I'll take good care of it, don't worry.:p

If you have the money, then buy, enjoy it. If you don't have much money, just relax, count to 10, and say " I don't need this". It should work.;)

4. showtime macrumors 6502

I have the same problem.:p Make sure to sell before you buy if you must have it. Cut your losses at least unless you have the money, then I'm jealous and enjoy your :apple: toys.