MAC address confusion - any help would be great

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by FHayek, Jan 27, 2014.

1. FHayek macrumors member

My landlord provides my connection to the internet and they are changing their network which requires me to register my iPhone and MBA. The instructions require me to use my MAC address at some point in the process. I run a VM using Parallels and all my mail goes to MS Outlook.

My MBA and iPhone connect to my landlord's network via my Airport Express. I also want to insure that both devices will connect to my home network when at home. Looking in the Sys Pref->Network, the MAC address (in the hardware tab) and Wi-Fi address (in the Wi-fi tab) are the same. Is this the number to provide them? At the same time, the MAC address I see when looking Hardware tab of the Parallels' Config box is different. I'm a bit confused as to what MAC address I give them.

Thanks a ton-

FH

2. boast macrumors 65816

boast

3. FHayek thread starter macrumors member

So that would be the one showing up in the System Preference-> Network->Wi-Fi tab, correct?

Thanks very much for the prompt reply.

4. Gav Mack macrumors 68020

Gav Mack

You'll find the Mac address of your Airport Express in the Airport Utility app. If you have a late gen AE there will be two, one for ethernet and other for wifi. Choose the one your AE connects to the router with and then all your devices will connect fine through it.

5. FHayek thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my questions.