Mac Adobe Illustrator CS3 cannot be installed??? Please HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Betsey, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Betsey macrumors newbie

Model Name:iMac / Processor Name:Intel Core 2 Duo / Memory:4 GB

When I installed Illustrator CS3 at the first time, I didn't complete it and closed it. While I installed it again, it said "Adobe Illustrator CS3 cannot be installed because it conflicts with Adobe Illustrator CS3". I was be stopped on this step, so I deleted the Illustrator CS3 from Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers without clicking it to uninstall. And I deleted other Illustrator CS3 files. After that, I tried to reinstall Illustrator CS3 again, but it kept to say "Adobe Illustrator CS3 cannot be installed because it conflicts with Adobe Illustrator CS3".

I cannot find any Illustrator in my MAC. What is wrong? How can I install Illustrator again? Should I format the computer and install all the applications again?

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Someone answered you on the adobe site you posted on, try that.

3. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Adobe CS3 is insidious. It gets everywhere. I'd search around the internet for a list of its install locations, but barring that, a reinstall may be the way to go.

4. covisio macrumors 6502

covisio

5. Norouzi macrumors 6502

When you run the CS3 Installer does it still give you the option to Uninstall Illustrator?

It sounds like you ran into a really annoying thing with the CS3 Installer, I found this out after I'd been running CS3 for a while and needed to install Flash. What I came to find out is that if you do not install everything at the start, once the Adobe Updater runs and updates the Apps you do have installed the Adobe Installer sees the whole creative suite as a newer version than what would be installed and so will not add anything.

Basically if you install some of the CS3 suite, then update it, the only way to install additional components is to uninstall everything and then reinstall. At least that was the only solution I came up with, and that was even after talking to Adobe.