Mac Air running Windows 7 - no ctrl alt del?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by wburns, Dec 29, 2010.

1. wburns macrumors newbie

Just installed windows 7 on my MacBook air (older one) The only way I can now sign in is through the the on screen keyboard - On XP you could simulate ctrl alt del with fn control option command and delete. Anyone know the key combination on windows 7? Thanks

2. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

If you are looking for the task manager, it is Ctrl+Shift+Esc on Windows 7.

3. wburns thread starter macrumors newbie

Crtl Shift Esc does not work

Crtl Shift Esc works to bring up task manager but does not work as Crtl Alt Del to sign on

I will remember the combination the next time I need task manager

4. vistadude macrumors 65816

I think you have to press fn+control+option+delete

Sorry I don't have a picture of the macbook air keyboard in front of me, but this works on my regular macbook.

5. wburns thread starter macrumors newbie

Must be the delete key

Anything using the delete key does not seem to work. Tried all the combinations without success. When I open the On Screen Keyboard and hit the keys you can see them all work except the delete key. Also noticed that the right click - two fingers on the pad also does not work anymore?

6. vistadude macrumors 65816

Did you install the bootcamp drivers from the snow leopard dvd? Once that is done, the delete key on your macbook air is equivalent to a 'backspace' key on a regular PC keyboard. To access the real delete function, you must hold 'function' + 'delete'.