Mac Airbook vs Notebook for dev Iphone Apps

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by krlewis67, Sep 16, 2012.

1. krlewis67 macrumors newbie

Hi Team,

I have been comparing IPAD, Mac Air vs Mac Notebook to use for building Iphone applications. I have weeded out IPAD because of limitations with Java and flash. I like Mac Air because it is lightweight and small like an Ipad. However for the same cost I can get the Mac Notebook (heavier). So I was told then to check on the size of the software prgm I would be using. the Xcode is 1.46gb and both Air and Notebook have 4gb DDR3 but difference is 1.8 htz vs 2.5 htz with notebook and this would determine the speed.

Question is can anyone tell me if they have used Mac Air to create Iphone apps and whether it really goes too slow due to xcode prgm to be considered a wise purchase instead of the notebook?

2. dan1eln1el5en macrumors 6502

dan1eln1el5en

The Air would definitely be faster, due to it's internals (SSD, the speed of RAM etc.) those things are super fast, but do consider upgrading the RAM since you can't upgrade afterwards, and it's fairly cheap.

The AIR is a really nice computer and super fast as long as you don't want 3D intensive gaming/3d Applications.

3. simsaladimbamba

Do you know the difference between RAM and storage capacity?

Probably not noticeable during programming, and Hertz is abbreviated "Hz".

Also know, that it is called "MacBook Air", "MacBook Pro" and "iPad".