Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matthewamzn

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2004
I've setup my business email (email@domain.com) and my personal email (email@mac.com) with Mail App.

I've synced everything, but can't get my business mail online. I thought that .mac would sync all my mail accounts, but it's seems to only be working with my mac email address. Any ideas?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
What do you mean by 'sync'? Is your business account an IMAP account? Are you saying you can't even access it's emails, or are you saying changes made on your work machine don't correspond to your Mac at home? :)

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
The Sync Mail Accounts option with .mac does not mean sync mail messages across computers. What it means is, if you add/change/delete an account from one machine and sync it will be added/changed/deleted from the other.

Whether the same mail appears on all machines depends on the server settings, IMAP servers make it easy to maintain the same email messages on all machines, it is much harder with POP servers.

matthewamzn

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2004
Whether the same mail appears on all machines depends on the server settings, IMAP servers make it easy to maintain the same email messages on all machines, it is much harder with POP servers.

With an imap enabled address, should the messages also appear online through mac.com?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Nope. Mac.com is an online 'webmail' way of looking at your .Mac emails.

A lot of email accounts allow you to forward your emails to another account. It may be possible to forward the emails form your other account(s) to your .Mac account in which case they'll appear wherever you can check your .Mac account - the Mac.com site and Mail since it has been set up for .Mac. Does this make sense? :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.