.Mac and iDisk

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Morod, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod

Hi,
    I've set up a schedule to back up certain things (documents folder, pictures folder, personal data & settings) to iDisk. These uploads are occurring. So when I go to ,Mac and open iDisk to view my backups, all I see are empty folders, except for a couple of pictures I manually uploaded. Any ideas? I am assuming that iDisk is where the uploads are going to, correct?
    Morod

2. mrklaw macrumors 65816

if you're using the backup app that comes with .mac, then the files should be in the 'backup' folder on the idisk. But I don't think they appear as browseable files, just as special 'backup' files.

I copied my documents to the 'documents' folder on idisk separately. I'd be interested to know if there was a way to do that automatically - say once a week. I don't want to do the local copy of idisk thing as I'd rather keep my docs in the documents folder on my HDD

3. Morod thread starter macrumors 68000

Morod

Thanks for the info, mrklaw. I might wind up doing what you're presently doing. As for what you want to do, could Automater help with that? I don't know as I've never used Automater. I will now go check the "backup" folder and see what's there.
    Morod
    ON EDIT: This site and the people here are such a great resource. The files are in the "backup" folder as you said. Perfect. Hopefully I will never need them, but if I do I will then figure out how to transfer them back to my computer.