.Mac and mass e-mail??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Silverbird0000, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Silverbird0000 macrumors 6502a

I have a friend that is interested in getting a mac and .mac. But he wants to know if .mac will do mass e-mail? I have a mac and .mac but can't find the answer to this anywhere. I know that with AOL and some others, they block you from doing mass e-mails. Seeing as how he is a realtor and needs to be able to do mass e-mails, can anyone tell me if a .mac e-mail account can do this? And if not, which e-mail server lets you do this? Thanks.

2. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Just to let you know, there are reports of dotmac getting on spam blacklists or something, resulting in the emails getting canned.

Anyway, dotmac is usually pretty loose with respect to bandwidth and whatnot so it should allow you to send quite a few emails. Personally I've never sent an email out to more than around 20 at a time though.

3. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Uh...

If he's a realtor he might want to think about purchasing a domain and using a mass email client.

I know I HATE getting emails when there isn't an easy way to unsubscribe and it just seems odd when people use .mac accounts for anything other than personal use.

4. Silverbird0000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think he has a domain and they might have an e-mail. What is a good mass e-mail client for Mac? And a good one for Windows?