@mac and @me on iphone and ipad

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Emanuele, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Emanuele macrumors member

Hi all,

I have a question:
    I'd like to use my @mac address on my iPhone and iPad instead of the @me address that I have configured in there.

I can choose which account (either @mac or @me) to use to send emails from using iCloud or Mail.app on my Macbook Pro, but I can't seem to be able to choose that on my iPhone and iPad.

Any suggestions for that?

Thank you,

Emanuele

2. roblawton macrumors 6502

I think you'd have to specify that email address when registering iCloud on your iPhone.

When you setup a regular email address, you can edit the email address at any point.

However, when you setup iCloud, you can't edit the information. So you may have to delete your account and start again.

Just login using the @mac.com email address rather than the @me.com email.

3. Emanuele thread starter macrumors member

Thank you Rob,

by doing that though I won't delete all my emails etc, correct?

4. roblawton macrumors 6502

It probably will but it's technically the same account, so everything should sync back! :D

5. Emanuele thread starter macrumors member

:D no, I meant to ask if it will delete every email from my iCloud (online)...

6. roblawton macrumors 6502

Oh! No, not at all. It's the same email address for both, I've tested it quite a bit! ;)

Edit: When I say it's the same email address, I mean inbox. You can send an email to either address and they'll both arrive.

7. Emanuele thread starter macrumors member

8. roblawton macrumors 6502

Glad I could help! :D