Mac and micro SD cards?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by BBQ BOY, Mar 25, 2011.

1. BBQ BOY macrumors regular

Feb 23, 2010
    Hey y'all. I just bought a new double din Navigation head unit for for car. One of the many media features is that it excepts a micro SD card. What I would like to be able to do is create a micro SD card from my Mac. What will be on the card are photos. I am not sure if you can put music or movies on it but I have an 80G ipod that I use for that. If I can put photos and images on it I can have them on the screen for the start up screen or as back drops. It would be great to have a photo of my wife and young children on there or a entire library of photos.
    Anyway, I am not very computer savvy and need some guidance on how to do this.

2. jackerin macrumors 6502a

Jun 29, 2008
    A micro SD card is a physical product. Your Mac is not a factory. If you mean you want to disassemble your Mac and create a micro SD card from the components I would advise you not to do that as it will significantly devalue your computer.

It will make much more economic sense to buy a new micro SD card, for which you will need a card reader that accepts rather than than excepts the format.
  3. ChrisA macrumors G4

Jan 5, 2006
    Redondo Beach, California
    You need a USB card reader the accepts your micro SD card. Plug it in then the SD card will look just like a disk drive. Drag any files you like to the card. Eject the card and you are done.
  4. DustinT macrumors 68000

Feb 26, 2011
    I'm not sure which Mac you have but if has a spot for a regular SD card than this product will work. It is a micro-sd card with an adapter so you can use it in a regular SD port.

If your Mac doesn't have a SD port on it than you should probably get a SD card reader that connects using USB. Newegg has a couple that should work.
  5. BBQ BOY thread starter macrumors regular

Feb 23, 2010
    Got it figured out. It was very simple.
    Thanks guys.