Mac and OpenGL

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hallybrah, Dec 30, 2014.

1. hallybrah macrumors newbie

Hi all fellow Mac users:

I'm playing "Runescape" for the first time in AGES and spent about 5 days trying to figure out why my client kept crashing from trying to change the graphic software from "Safe mode" to Software or OpenGL.

I only just found out that the OpenGL version is at 4.1 now and my 15" late 2014 Macbook Pro Retina, 16gb ram, dedicated GeFore 750M 2gb graphic card laptop is at........ version 1.2 of OpenGL.

WTF MAC? Will they ever be up to date with OpenGL? Direct X isn't supported and OpenGL is being a buzzkill...

What's going on?

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202823

OpenGL is currently at version 4.1 - no, not quite current, but well past 1.2

I'm guessing that you noticed (correctly) that OpenCL is currently at version 1.2 - so, one little letter makes a lot of difference, eh?

3. nerowolfe macrumors member

There're two clients for the game, one requires Java and the other doesn't. Don't think OSX comes with built-in Java support. Remember noticing Java for mac amongst system downloads on Apple's website. Easiest way would be trying out the html5 version using Chrome browser.