Mac and PC to one Thunderbolt display, or...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by fahqu001, Jul 11, 2014.

1. fahqu001 macrumors newbie

I have a Mac Mini and Thunderbolt display, and a Dell tower and Dell screen. I would like to connect the screens so I can use them with either system. Right now the Mac works with my Thunderbolt display and the Dell only works with the Dell display. I would like to toggle between the two systems so I can use both screens with either computer by simply flipping a switch.

Or, even better, is it possible to have dual Thunderbolt displays and run OSX on one screen and Parallels/VM Ware on the other, running both OS' simultaneously and not have to switch back and forth?

In layman's terms, could someone direct me with to the equipment I would need or if the operating of 2 OS' at the same time is even possible.

Hopefully this makes sense. If any clarification is needed, please let me know. Many thanks in advance.

2. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

Your Dell won't work with the TBD, but your mac can work with both screens.

3. fahqu001 thread starter macrumors newbie

Are there no adapaters???

4. mfram macrumors 65816

Nope. That's the huge limitation of the TB Display. It will only work with TB-equipped Macs. And it only has one input. Most other monitors have multiple inputs.

5. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

Doesn't work like that where a simple adapter magically makes everything ok.

6. Sylonien macrumors regular

Sylonien

^ That's why I will never buy it. Such stupid limitation. No HDMI? No DisplayPort?
    I love my Apple stuff. Biggest fan. But some of their products are stupid. :confused:

7. twinoneseven macrumors newbie

Right, It will only work with TB-equipped Macs. And it only has one input. [​IMG]
    Most other monitors have multiple inputs. thanks