Mac and PC using one Keyboard, mouse and display. What do I need to get?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by DELTAsnake, Jan 30, 2010.

  1. DELTAsnake macrumors 6502


    Jul 18, 2008
    I have decided to build a new gaming PC and I'd like to have my Macbook Pro (current gen) and the PC use one keyboard, display and mouse. I know to have two PC's do this I would just need a KVM, but since Mac's have Mini Displayport instead of DVI/HDMI/Displayport (full size) and use keyboards with special function keys I'm not sure what to look for. Anyone have any idea's?

    I will probably use a Dell U2410 for the display, but if it works with PC's and I come into some money :rolleyes: I might get a Apple LED Cinema Display.
  2. techound1 macrumors 68000


    Mar 3, 2006
    You need an adapter to turn the mini display port into a full-sized lug of choice, then use a KVM switch.
  3. FieryFurnace macrumors 6502


    Sep 19, 2008
    Berlin, Germany

Share This Page