Mac and The Music

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Bad Bear Blues, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Bad Bear Blues macrumors newbie

Looking to trash my old Windows PC and replace with a MacBook or Pro. It's for the music; both listening and playing, goofing around with sounds, plugging in my guitar, creating stuff, perhaps watching music videos and downloads

Not bothered about photography and games.

Any advice gratefully accepted!

Listen to the music!

Bad Bear Blues

2. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

You could do all that stuff quite comfortably on a Macbook, as long as it has at least 2gb of RAM it will cope happily, and there is a line in jack for the guitar and music stuff can be done in Garagband, or in one of the pro apps if you're more advanced. However, if you have the money and you want a bit more screen real estate, the MBP would cope even better. Overall, I'd say the Macbook is plenty good enough unless you have an overwhelming reason to get the Pro, which from what you've stated so far you don't require.

3. Bad Bear Blues thread starter macrumors newbie

Mac and The Music

Thanks, that's good to know. A colleague of mine more or less says the same. Another said "buy as much bang for buck" as you can.

I guess it's down to me and my budget!

Listen to the music!

Bad Bear Blues

4. Bad Bear Blues thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for this. I'm getting similar vibes from some of my colleagues. Guess it's a matter of how much I want to spend now!
    Listen to the music!. BBB