Mac and Windows Jpeg's

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by RMK11, Oct 11, 2011.

1. RMK11 macrumors newbie

Hi, I just visited my local photo printing shop which I usually go to and for some reason The shop owner said he couldn't access the files on my usb because they were put on using a mac and when he opened the file it wouldn't display :confused: He said it has something to do with mac copying the jpegs so it can be viewed on windows. I usually go to that shop I have never had a problem previously on my mac. Any help would be appreciated.

2. simsaladimbamba

When copying files to an external storage device and reading that storage device in Windows, you will see two files in Windows, one is appearing to be empty (that file is normally hidden in Mac OS X, but it is necessary) and the other file is the actual file.
    Could that be the case?
    Because there is not really a difference between JPEGs saved in Windows and viewed in Mac OS X, and JPEGs saved in Mac OS X and viewed in Windows, at least not so much difference, that the file won't open.

Btw, what application did you use to create that JPEG anyway? And what format does the external storage device, probably a USB flash memory thumb drive, use?
    [​IMG]