Mac app like Instagram or Snapseed?

MasterHowl

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 3, 2010
North of England
I think apps like Instagram and Snapseed are absolutely brilliant on iOS, since they offer simple, yet very good photo editing and sharing options! I especially love the vintage effects they offer... to get the same result would take me ages on Pixlemator or CS5...

Are there any apps similar to Instagram or Snapseed for Mac? It'd be so useful!

Menel

macrumors 603
Aug 4, 2011
Nik Software who developed Snapseed has been known for desktop applications long before mobile.

Pomeroy

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2008
Arkansas
iPhoto can do about anything Snapseed does. Select a photo in iPhoto and then select Edit, then Effects, most of the Effects have more than one adjustment just by clicking on it more than once.
Click on Antique and you will find there are 9 different adjustments you can select. Some Effects can be added on top of others to change the looks even more.

MasterHowl

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 3, 2010
North of England
iPhoto can do about anything Snapseed does. Select a photo in iPhoto and then select Edit, then Effects, most of the Effects have more than one adjustment just by clicking on it more than once.
Click on Antique and you will find there are 9 different adjustments you can select. Some Effects can be added on top of others to change the looks even more.
Thanks :) I already knew about iPhoto editor, and it's not really what I was looking for. Thanks anyway

Flare is good.
Thanks. I'll check that out :)

The Economist

Suspended
Apr 4, 2011
Mexico
I think apps like Instagram and Snapseed are absolutely brilliant on iOS, since they offer simple, yet very good photo editing and sharing options! I especially love the vintage effects they offer... to get the same result would take me ages on Pixlemator or CS5...

Are there any apps similar to Instagram or Snapseed for Mac? It'd be so useful!
Flare and Analog are Instagram-like apps on the Mac. They're both in the Mac App Store.

Read this review to know which one's right for you.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
I prefer the plugins from topazlabs They also have a handy utility that allows the usage of the plugins to work without needing photoshop. I use denoise quite often to clean up my photos especially when I shoot with a high ISO setting.