Mac App Store App --- Still... "Waiting For Review"

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by floodgame, Jan 14, 2011.

1. floodgame macrumors newbie

Hi Guys:

This is my first post. I signed up for the Mac Developer program last week and created an extremely basic "tetris" style game in Adobe Flash CS5 (just to get my feet wet). I'm curious to how long an app should be in "Waiting For Review" status? I searched Google and it seems that it varies quite a bit and some people were saying to resubmit your binary in order to speed up the process?

I submitted my app on January 11 and as of today (January 14) it is still in "Waiting for Review".

Also, any feedback on how to promote the app after it's approved (fingers crossed) would greatly be appreciated. I put together a basic website and made a Facebook and Twitter account for it so far (www.floodgame.com).

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Best regards,

Matt
    Flood (Mac App Store App)
    www.floodgame.com

2. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Congrats on your first app! :)

My Mac App Store submission took 11 days to go from "Waiting for Review" to being in the store. Don't resubmit your binary, you will lose your place in the queue.

As for advertising, just be really really good to your customers. They'll tell their friends, who will tell their friends. :) Apple will also post Staff Favorite applications and Featured applications on the home page, or on the home page of the category your app is in.

3. Isair macrumors member

Isair

It takes a long time to get into review. I submitted a total of 3 apps and 2 of them are still "waiting for review", it is past a week since the initial upload date for one of them.

4. Aatos.1 macrumors 6502

It's important to remember the App store is so vast it's easy to get lost in the shuffle. My other concern is the tendency of Apple to favor certain developers. After all this is the real world we're talking about. Never underestimate the influence of "under the table deals". I can hear the protests now claiming Apple is 100 % fair. Life is not fair. It's just a fact.

5. lenonator macrumors newbie

I have been waiting since Feb 11, so 18 days now. I've contacted through the form on iTunesConnect, just to make sure I was in the queue, but haven't heard back.

What concerns me is I had some issue with my account where when I logged in it said my contract was invalid, but when I checked my contract it said everything was ok. I just want to make sure my app is actually in the queue. A bit frustrating...

6. Goldstein macrumors newbie

How this turn out?

Any other experiences?

I'm now in day 4...

7. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

I've been waiting 5 days so far, hopefully will be in review by the end of next week.

I wonder if they have different teams doing the reviews for Mac/iOS stores?

8. Goldstein macrumors newbie

Our waiting for review took 6 days and then we got rejected within a day ;) and now we try to communicate in the resolution center, but no response since 2 days. Anyway, we know approximately what to fix - not exactly how, but what. We will fix and then try to re-approve.

9. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

How did you contact the resolution center? Any issues I've had with review times/rejections, I've always gotten a quick response to emails sent here:

App Review <appreview@apple.com>

10. Goldstein macrumors newbie

I have used a discussion style tool called Resolution Center built into the iTunes Connect webapp, accessible via the App ("The most recent version of your app has been rejected. Before resubmitting it, visit the Resolution Center for details on outstanding issues.")

11. vlsmedia macrumors newbie

I just submitted my first app and so far I'm on day 7.. I'm thinking I need to perform a Droid sacrafice to appease the reviewer gods.

Anyone have a droid I can throw into a volcano? and second part, anyone know where there's an active volcano? LOL

12. nicky0, Mar 30, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2011

nicky0 macrumors member

Currently 14 days waiting for review is about average. Once in review you are looking at another 7 to 14 days typically.

13. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

For me, it was 9 days for Waiting in Review, then less than 1 for it to be green lighted and up for sale.

14. thedollarhunter macrumors member

I guess this means I need to stop counting hours! I submitted my first app 22 hours ago... This is worst than waiting for Christmas as a kid.

15. DennisVR macrumors member

Welcome to the waiting game :)

16. thedollarhunter macrumors member

5 Days from Waiting for Upload to Ready for Sales in May 2011

How long waiting for review, well for my first ipad app only 5 days - woo hoo!

So there is hope for anyone else counting the hours.

Amazing how :apple: have created a platform for us to reach the world just as game development seemed to be slipping out of reach.

Timeline for 'Bee Wing' ipad app first version:
    May 13, 2011 16:56 Apple Ready for Sale
    May 13, 2011 16:53 Apple Processing for App Store
    May 13, 2011 14:45 Apple In Review
    May 08, 2011 03:15 Apple Waiting For Review
    May 08, 2011 03:13 Apple Upload Received
    May 08, 2011 02:42 me Waiting For Upload
    April 28, 2011 14:25 me Prepare for Upload

17. alos23 macrumors newbie

18. anikgnr macrumors newbie

Finger crossed. Uploaded my first app 1 hour ago :)

19. macquariumguy macrumors 6502a

Not an app, but I've been working to get my first book in the iBookstore accepted for about 5 weeks now. I created it using iBooks Author and I am far from the only one who's been working through the process. It seems the iBookstore team is understaffed and a lot of the forms and tools weren't ready for the new output format from Author.

Here's hoping the logjam breaks soon. At this rate I'll have the 2nd one ready before the 1st makes it to the store. :)

20. anikgnr macrumors newbie

21. jollibee macrumors newbie

Normally, it takes about a week for our app to get review and approve. Need more time if they refused the app.

22. anikgnr macrumors newbie

Yahoo........ my first app got approved :D Apple took around 6 days to approve it.

23. macquariumguy macrumors 6502a

My book showed up in the store last night. w00t! :D

24. Spencie macrumors regular

Spencie

Submitted app 9 days ago, still waiting for review...

25. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

OP never replied back to us :( wonder if his App ever got accepted? :confused: