Mac App Store apps and updates

dwfaust

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
I have been doing video editing for a non-profit (my church). At the time I started, they already had purchased Final Cut Pro and gave me their AppleID login information so I could install it on my personal Mac for the purpose of editing their videos.

I have since purchased my own copy of FCPx, but when I was notified of an update on the above mentioned Mac, it prompted me for the church AppleId in order to update the software. How can I change the AppleId associated with Final Cut Pro? I hope I don't have to delete it from my Mac and reinstall, as I've added a number of customizations and add-on titles, transitions, lower thirds, etc.

davidmartindale

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2011
PNW, USA
You're likely going to need to reinstall. I have heard that you can remove the auth token from the Application Support folder in the Library but I cant verify that or offer an tips on that.

You should be able to move all your plug ins to a folder on your desktop while reinstalling and then put them back in after reinstalling

dwfaust

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
You're likely going to need to reinstall. I have heard that you can remove the auth token from the Application Support folder in the Library but I cant verify that or offer an tips on that.

You should be able to move all your plug ins to a folder on your desktop while reinstalling and then put them back in after reinstalling
That's pretty much what I though was going to be the case... thanks.

dwfaust

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
Update:

The deed is done. I did not need to reinstall any of my plug-ins and add-ons. Simply dragged the FCPx icon to the trash, emptied the trash and re-installed FCPx from my personal iTunes/MAS store. #bobsYourUncle

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.